Vineyards, Views and Vinifera
Seneca: The largest of all the Finger Lakes by volume and depth. This makes it an ideal moderating influence for vineyards on the shores that sit largely in Conesus Loam Soils. We will begin with breathtaking views of the Lake and visits to FOUR of the five wineries listed surrounding Seneca Lake. Due to the Covid 19 we will choose based on availability what wineries we visit. We will take your recommendations of which wineries to visit but cannot guarantee them. Door-to-door service from area accommodations or departure from the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack is at 10:00 a.m
Chateau LaFayette Reneau
For nearly 35 years, Chateau LaFayette Reneau has produced estate-grown vinifera wines. Their 110-acre estate provides optimal sun exposure and air flow for consistently aromatic white wines and rich, full-bodied red wines. They are home to three highly acclaimed Governor’s Cup Awards and five Jefferson Cups, in addition to innumerable other awards and gold medals. Their commitment to quality and integrity in grape growing and winemaking results in the finest Finger Lakes wines.
Tabora Farm Winery
Tabora’s wines are 100% estate-grown, harvested, and produced from 200+ acres of vines. Their current wine portfolio focuses on native and hybrid varieties and more recently has expanded on vinifera plantings. Their winemaker focuses on minimal intervention while still maintaining pristine and traditional winemaking practices in order to highlight clean, crisp, and concentrated wines sure to please a variety of palates.
Ryan William Vineyard
Their vineyard is purposefully planted in the heart of the Finger Lakes, in the Town of Hector, on the southeast side of Seneca Lake, the largest of the glacial Finger Lakes by volume. They grow Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Grüner Veltliner, Pinot Blanc, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Syrah. Only 100% Estate Grown fruit is used in our winemaking.
Castel Grisch Winery
Located off the beaten path but just a short drive off the main road, Castel Grisch has a one-of-a-kind panoramic view of Seneca Lake. Established in 1983 the winery and tasting room sits on 200 acres of land with over 40 acres under vine. Since their founding they have striven to produce the most consistent and best quality wine, vintage to vintage. The diverse wine list features white wines such as fine viniferas including Riesling, Gewurztraminer and Chardonnay alongside Cornell hybrids Cayuga White and Traminette. Try one of North America’s most successful hybrid red grapes with our Baco Noir and Chancellor.
Magnus Ridge Winery
When you walk into Magnus Ridge Winery you are walking into old world France. With the exposed post and beams, large tasting bar and custom wine glass chandelier you will instantly feel relaxed. Browse the large selection of wine related gifts as you wonder throughout the facility. Be sure to check out the custom glassware produced by Cazenovia College out of the recycled tasting bottles. .
- Pick-ups & drop-offs are available from a central pickup point, hotels, and B&B’s in the surrounding area.
- Advance booking is required for daily tours. Last minute inquiries are welcome.
- As the afternoon turns into evening your tour will end back at the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack at 4:30 p.m.
- The Vineyards, Views and Vinifera tour includes a knowledgeable Crush Wine Country Host on the Seneca Wine Trail, transportation to four of the wineries listed above and all winery tastings.
- Group size 2-12 people.
- Price per person is $169.00 + tax.
- Credit card payment is required at time of booking.
- Tours are 100% non-refundable. You can reschedule your tour date asap to confirm your new date is available, OR, you can receive a Gift Certificate/Credit worth the amount that you have already paid towards any Crush Beer & Wine Tour. This credit will expire a year from the date of your original tour and re-scheduling fees waived. Due to our advanced scheduling for our drivers and vehicle assignments, if your tour is canceled, missed or rescheduled within 14 days of your original tour date, a re-scheduling fee of $50 will be applied. If a tour is canceled the day before or the day of, a re-scheduling fee of $50/person may be applied due to pre-payment of tasting fees. Please call us at 855-TO-CRUSH to reschedule.
- On occasion, Crush reserves the right to change winery venues due to availability.
- All itineraries can be customized. Please call us for some fresh ideas!