Seneca: The largest of all the Finger Lakes by volume and depth. This makes it an ideal moderating influence for vineyards on the shores that sit largely in Conesus Loam Soils. We will begin with breathtaking views of the Lake and Vineyards, a luncheon at Ginny Lee Restaurant at Wagner Vineyards and visits to four of the five wineries surrounding Seneca Lake. Due to the Covid 19 we will choose based on availability what wineries we visit. We will take your recommendations of which wineries to visit but cannot guarantee them. Door-to-door service from area accommodations or departure from the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack is at 8:45 a.m.
Back in 1852, David Hazlitt bought 153 acres of fruit and vineyard in Hector, NY. Over six generations various Hazlitts farmed the land, raised families and made award winning wines from the fantastic grapes the land produces. Hazlitt is world renown for their Red Cat series of wine and produce a full line-up of varietals.
The 1st generation of Fulkersons started the farm in 1807. Grapes had been grown on the farm since the 1830s, but it wasn’t until a blight wiped out the raspberry industry in the 1960s that Roger Fulkerson began expanding grape plantings. They acquired Jensen Juice and began to offer fresh grape juice to home winemakers. Before they knew it, their passion grew into the Fulkerson Winery you know & love today. Steven Fulkerson represents the 7th generation of Fulkersons to work this land.
Wagner Vineyards and Ginny Lee Restaurant
Wagner Vineyards Estate Winery is one of the oldest and most recognized wineries in the Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York. Centrally located on the eastern shore of Seneca Lake. Family Owned and operated, the 4th and 5th generation Wagners are in the vineyards on Seneca Lake and in the cellar to bring you the best quality Finger Lakes wine. The Ginny Lee offers a delightful selection of foods and utilizes only the freshest fruits and vegetables in their preparation. All of our menus have been designed to complement and enhance the medal-winning estate wines of Wagner Vineyards and craft brewed beers from Wagner Valley Brewing Co.
The original grapes planted were primarily Labrusca and French-American Hybrid varieties, which were favored by the large wineries and grape juice companies. In the mid-80′s the family diversified to add some new hybrid varieties and Vinifera plantings. The commercial grape production continued for 36 years, until 1988 when they the family pressed the grapes for their first vintage, today with 80 acres of grapes planted, the farm is home to Lakewood Vineyards winery.
While seated in a semi-private setting, enjoy a personalized and informative tasting at Barnstormer Winery focusing on their limited-production, handcrafted Finger Lakes wines. The 170-year-old, renovated barn offers a rustic and relaxed setting for your wine tasting experience. We look forward to hosting you!
- Price per person is $189.00 + tax.
- Price includes all tour & tasting experiences, luncheon with wine (extra beverages at lunch are additional), a guide for the day, and transportation.
- 2 person minimum.
- Credit card payment is required at time of booking.
- Due to the Covid-19 virus, Crush Beer and Wine Tours must change their refund/ cancellation policy as of 4/1/2020. Until further notice if you have to cancel or reschedule we are no longer refunding guests but allowing you to reschedule your tour date asap to confirm your new date is available, OR you can receive a Gift Certificate worth the amount that you have already paid towards any Crush Beer & Wine Tour with no expiration date and rescheduling fees waived. If your tour is cancelled, missed, or rescheduled within 14 days of your original tour date, a re-scheduling fee of $50 will be applies. Please call us at 855-TO-CRUSH to reschedule.
- On rare occasion, Crush reserves the right to change venues due to availability.
- All itineraries can be customized. Please call us for some fresh ideas!