Senecas’ South & West
Seneca: The largest of all the Finger Lakes by volume and depth. This makes it an ideal moderating influence for vineyards on the shores that sit largely in Conesus Loam Soils. We will begin with breathtaking views of the Lake and visits to FOUR of the five wineries listed surrounding Seneca Lake. Due to the Covid 19 we will choose based on availability what wineries we visit. We will take your recommendations of which wineries to visit but cannot guarantee them. Door-to-door service from area accommodations or departure from the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack is at 9:00 a.m. ** Pickup times may change depending on your pickup location. Please refer to email communication from Crush Beer and Wine Tours for specific pickup information.**
Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
Back in 1852, David Hazlitt bought 153 acres of fruit and vineyard in Hector, NY. Over six generations various Hazlitts farmed the land, raised families and made award winning wines from the fantastic grapes the land produces. Hazlitt is world renown for their Red Cat series of wine and produce a full line-up of varietals.
The 1st generation of Fulkersons started the farm in 1807. Grapes had been grown on the farm since the 1830s, but it wasn’t until a blight wiped out the raspberry industry in the 1960s that Roger Fulkerson began expanding grape plantings. They acquired Jensen Juice and began to offer fresh grape juice to home winemakers. Before they knew it, their passion grew into the Fulkerson Winery you know & love today. Steven Fulkerson represents the 7th generation of Fulkersons to work this land.
Wagner Vineyards Estate Winery is one of the oldest and most recognized wineries in the Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York. Centrally located on the eastern shore of Seneca Lake. Family Owned and operated, the 4th and 5th generation Wagners are in the vineyards on Seneca Lake and in the cellar to bring you the best quality Finger Lakes wine.
The original grapes planted were primarily Labrusca and French-American Hybrid varieties, which were favored by the large wineries and grape juice companies. In the mid-80′s the family diversified to add some new hybrid varieties and Vinifera plantings. The commercial grape production continued for 36 years, until 1988 when they the family pressed the grapes for their first vintage, today with 80 acres of grapes planted, the farm is home to Lakewood Vineyards winery.
(*groups of 2-8 guests only at Barnstormer during the off season)
While seated in a semi-private setting, enjoy a personalized and informative tasting at Barnstormer Winery focusing on their limited-production, handcrafted Finger Lakes wines. The 170-year-old, renovated barn offers a rustic and relaxed setting for your wine tasting experience. Enjoy a cheese board paired with your wine tastings. We look forward to hosting you!
- Pick-ups & drop-offs are available from a central pickup point, hotels, and B&B’s in the surrounding area.
- Advance booking is required for daily tours. Last minute inquiries are welcome.
- As the afternoon turns into evening your tour will end back at the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack at 3:30 p.m. ** Pickup times may change depending on your pickup location. Please refer to email communication from Crush Beer and Wine Tours for specific pickup information.**
- The Seneca South & West tour includes a knowledgeable Crush Wine Country Host on the Seneca Wine Trail, transportation to four of the wineries listed above and all winery tastings.
- Group size 2-12 people. If your group size is over 8 guests during the off season, we will substitute Barnstormer Winery with a different winery.
- Sunday – Friday price per person is $179.00 + tax.
Saturday price is an additional $10 + tax per person
- Credit card payment is required at time of booking.
- Tours are 100% non-refundable. You can reschedule your tour date asap to confirm your new date is available, OR, you can receive a Gift Certificate/Credit worth the amount that you have already paid towards any Crush Beer & Wine Tour. This credit will expire a year from the date of your original tour and re-scheduling fees waived. Due to our advanced scheduling for our drivers and vehicle assignments, if your tour is canceled, missed or rescheduled within 14 days of your original tour date, a re-scheduling fee of $50 will be applied. If a tour is canceled the day before or the day of, a re-scheduling fee starting at $50/person and depending on group size, up to $100/person, may be applied due to pre-payment of tasting fees, lunches and driver’s wage. Please call us at 855-TO-CRUSH to reschedule.
- On occasion, Crush reserves the right to change winery venues due to availability.
- All itineraries can be customized. Please call us for some fresh ideas!