Seneca: The largest of all the Finger Lakes by volume and depth. This makes it an ideal moderating influence for vineyards on the shores that sit largely in Conesus Loam Soils. We will begin with breathtaking views of the Lake and Vineyards, a luncheon at Belhurst Castle and visits to four of the five wineries surrounding Seneca Lake. Due to the Covid 19 we will choose based on availability what wineries we visit.
Under the dynamic, forward-looking ownership of Scott Osborn. Fox run is poised to become one of the handful of truly great producers in the Finger Lakes. Taste the quality that sustainable farming practices make. Explore the razor sharp Riesling created by wine maker Peter Bell.
Idol Ridge Winery
In November 2013 the Martins, opened the doors of Idol Ridge Winery. Sitting on a ridge in Lodi, NY the Martin’s have the perfect panoramic view of Seneca Lake to share with you while you enjoy a glass of their award-winning wine. Home to more than 20 different wines, they guarantee to impress your taste buds with an assortment of dry to sweet as well as sparkling wines. They craft their wines using Native and European Vinifera varieties and premium Cornell Hybrids.
Overlooking Seneca Lake, historic Belhurst is a beautiful attraction in the Finger Lakes Wine Country. Their winemakers create award-winning wines as unique as the Castle itself. Allow their knowledgeable and friendly staff guide you through a wonderful tasting experience. Whether you are a wine aficionado or novice, you will learn something new about wine, grapes, or winemaking in the Finger Lakes. In Stonecutter’s restaurant, you will enjoy a scrumptious tavern fare and an unmatched atmosphere. Stonecutter’s is the perfect place to sit back, relax and entertain friends.
Their mission is to craft only the finest wines and to share those wines and their passion with guests. Come experience their wines and enjoy one of the most beautiful views overlooking Seneca Lake, right here in the Finger Lakes, NY! They began their journey in 2005 with an initial planting of 23 acres of vinifera grape vines. They now have 40 producing acres and are growing 11 different varieties of vinifera on their estate property!
Join Owners Bruce Murray and Diana Lyttle at one of the Finger Lakes Newest Wineries. Learn how Grapes will grow almost anywhere. But to make the finest wines, you need to choose the grape varieties that are suited to the climate of the region and to your vineyard location. In the cool climate of the Finger Lakes, the best place to grow grapes is close to the lake. And the deeper the lake, the better.
- Price per person is $184.00 + tax.
- Price includes all tour & tasting experiences, luncheon with wine (extra beverages at lunch are additional), a guide for the day and transportation.
- 2 person minimum.
- Credit card payment is required at time of booking.
- Due to the Covid-19 virus, Crush Beer and Wine Tours must change their refund/ cancellation policy as of 4/1/2020. Until further notice if you have to cancel or reschedule we are no longer refunding guests but allowing you to reschedule your tour date asap to confirm your new date is available, OR you can receive a Gift Certificate worth the amount that you have already paid towards any Crush Beer & Wine Tour with no expiration date and rescheduling fees waived. If your tour is cancelled, missed, or rescheduled within 14 days of your original tour date, a re-scheduling fee of $50 will be applies. Please call us at 855-TO-CRUSH to reschedule.
- On rare occasion, Crush reserves the right to change venues due to availability.
- All itineraries can be customized. Please call us for some fresh ideas!